TagLib's future

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:20:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Since there are people asking for a new release more and more often and it
seems that I'm not really able to do it, I'd like to discuss TagLib's
future. A few years back Scott asked me to coordinate the 1.6 release and
generally become the maintainer of the project, but since then I have not
worked on many projects that use TagLib and I currently have no direct use
for it myself.

We have have a long list of pull requests on GitHub, a lot of changes in
master and at least one backward-compatible release pending. I find it very
hard to motivate myself to review pull requests, especially if they are
questionable in some way. This was already showing in the last release,
where I didn't take my time to review all the changes properly and the
result was not very good. I'm afraid that if I try to do this new release,
it will end similarly badly.

So I'd like to discuss what would be the best way to go forward.

Lukas