Tag saving behavior

patrick machielse patrick at hieper.nl
Fri Oct 24 13:27:06 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm a happy user of TagLib, but there is one aspect that I'm not fond of: saving.

For example, code like:

  file->save(MPEG::File::ID3v2);

is not guaranteed to write the file fully to disk until 'file' is deleted.

This behavior is unintuitive, especially when the C++ file object is wrapped in a different object, running under different memory management rules (in my case Obj-C + ARC).

I think it would be good if save() would also fflush() the file buffer.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I believe this would be a good change for a future update of TagLib.

Thanks,

patrick
--
Patrick Machielse