Rating Inquiry

taglib at status.e4ward.com taglib at status.e4ward.com
Sat Jan 25 20:12:11 UTC 2014

Hey all. I'm starting to work with ratings. TagLib is really my first experience with tags from a software development standpoint, so please forgive any misunderstandings.

I see that TagLib supports POPM for ID3v2 tags. However, I also would like to have ratings for FLAC files. Well, really, I'd like ratings for every supported file, but I assume that not all tag formats HAVE ratings. I know that FLAC does, though, based on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56009 .

Does TagLib support this, or ratings for any other tag? A quick grep of the 1.9.1 source indicates not, but I could be wrong. How would I go about developing rating support specifically for FLAC? I'd love to contribute-- I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Kyle Fazzari