Is ID3v2::FrameFactory really utilized?

Tsuda Kageyu tsuda.kageyu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:17:30 UTC 2013

Hi, I have a question for the TagLib users. I want to know is there
someone who creates your own version of ID3v2::FrameFactory.

Currently, TagLib allows you to interpret the frames in a ID3v2 tag in
your preferred way by subclassing ID3v2::FrameFactory class (but it only
affects MPEG files). However, I found that it's difficult to implement
my own FrameFactory because user defined classes can't access the nested
class ID3v2::Frame::Header. So I have a doubt that it is really utilized.

If there is someone using it, we'd better make changes so that it can
affect all the file formats which support ID3v2 tag. Otherwise, we can
remove it.

Kageyu.