1.9.1 valid tag in debug, crash in release.

Gayle Reid wifanlith at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:47:23 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have been wresting with the upgrade to 1.9.1 from 1.7 for some time now,
and I think I am very near to the end. I have it all working exactly as I
want in debug, reading tags and embedded artwork beautifully.
Unfortunately it crashes in release.

I have build the release with debug information, and statically linked
taglib, so I can get into the guts of the problem.

It is creating a file reference, then reading the tag:-

*bool expandFile(QDir dir, QString file, QString albumName, QString
artistName, QByteArray fileArtwork)*
*    {   **       *
*        *
*#ifdef Q_OS_WIN32*
*        TagLib::FileRef f( reinterpret_cast<const wchar_t*>(path.utf16())
);*
*#else*
*        TagLib::FileRef f(path.toUtf8().data());*
*#endif *
* *
* TagLib::Tag* tags = f.tag();*
*        TagLib::AudioProperties* ap = f.audioProperties();*
*
*
*
*
In debug this works fine, but in release, it is not getting valid data for
"f", and is crashing out in the taglib code in tfile.cpp at:-

*bool File::isOpen() const*
*{*
*  return d->stream->isOpen();*
*}*
*
*
I feel so close to the final fix here that I can taste it. Can anyone
provide any insights here?

Gayle Reid