Taglib 1.9.1 upgrade not reading embedded artwork

wifanlith wifanlith at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:57:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am not thinking its specific to the embedded artwork, but its how I
noticed the change. I thought everything was working for 1.9.1, then I
noticed that some of the albums I had imported had no artwork. It was only
the albums that were mp3s with embedded artwork that had not had their
artwork read.

In the method that calls extractEmbeddedArtwork it calls the same code:-

#ifdef Q_OS_WIN32
		// TAGLIB (under Windows) does not like UTF8 paths/filenames with
top-bit-set characters.
		// (conversion from UTF8 to const wchar_t seems to be the cause of the
problem - file
		// is effectively not recognised as an audio file and will therefore not
be loaded)
        TagLib::FileRef f(reinterpret_cast<const wchar_t
*>(path.constData()));
#else
		//  No such problem with UTF8 for Mac and Linux versions.
        TagLib::FileRef f(path.toUtf8().data());
#endif

		TagLib::Tag* tags = f.tag();
        TagLib::AudioProperties* ap = f.audioProperties();

then extracts the artist/album/genre etc

it then calls extractEmbedded artwork with the same QString path and calls
the same fileRef on it, and comes up with the same file ref, and a different
FileRefPrivate, and the f.tag() call fails, and we return without gathering
artwork.

Unfortunately the UTF16 change had no effect.

I am really confused....