Upgrading from 1.7 to 1.9 (wchar_t?)

wifanlith wifanlith at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 8 09:04:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am upgrading my windows installation from taglib 1.7 to 1.9 to get some
fixes for a couple of crashes my software was having. I am using QT 4
(-Zc:wchar_t-) and VS 2008(-Zc:wchar_t-). As soon as I had upgraded and
built the new libraries, my code started giving me unresolved externals:-

unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
TagLib::FileName::FileName(unsigned short const *)"
(__imp_??0FileName at TagLib@@QAE at PBG@Z) referenced in function

unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
TagLib::FileName::FileName(unsigned short const *)"
(__imp_??0FileName at TagLib@@QAE at PBG@Z)

unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
TagLib::MP4::Atoms::~Atoms(void)" (??1Atoms at MP4@TagLib@@QAE at XZ) referenced
in function

unresolved external symbol "public: class TagLib::MP4::Atom * __thiscall
TagLib::MP4::Atom::find(char const *,char const *,char const *,char const
*)" (?find at Atom@MP4 at TagLib@@QAEPAV123 at PBD000@Z) referenced in function

unresolved external symbol "public: class TagLib::MP4::Atom * __thiscall
TagLib::MP4::Atoms::find(char const *,char const *,char const *,char const
*)

unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
TagLib::MP4::Atoms::Atoms(class TagLib::File *)"
(??0Atoms at MP4@TagLib@@QAE at PAVFile@2@@Z)

I noticed when scanning the 'net looking for solutions, that taglib 1.8
forward are built with -Zc:wchar_t *WITHOUT the -*

Am I in the right area here? Should I be making a change to the
CMakeLists.txt??

I am the first to admit my knowledge of this is minimal, but I cannot see
any other reason why I would be getting those externals.

Help!!!

Gayle Reid