Can TagLib2.0 require C++11 or Boost?

Festus Hagen festushagenlists at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 04:33:20 UTC 2013

The reason I originally choose TagLib was this line from the TagLib Introduction: "No external toolkit dependencies"

Therefore I am against.

Reason is, It typically turns into a bad thing .. A can't do that because so and so won't allow it or is buggy or is slow to fix, ignores the bug fix requests, etc... etc...

I believe if you want something done right do it yourself. (or at least have the control to accomplish the goal)

Unfortunately that all means tiddly squat coming from me for I don't have the skills to do so!
I barely know what a smart pointer is let alone it's uses.

So I'm just stuck hanging on for the ride.

As for compilers, I use various flavors of MinGW and C++11 support is still pretty shaky, especially on Windows.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~