Suggestion: some changes in String API

Tsuda Kageyu tsuda.kageyu at gmail.com
Fri May 24 04:07:38 UTC 2013

I see your point that we should take into account the users who are not
using the STL strings. If so, I think that we need the wide char version
of toCString() as well, especially for Windows users. For example:

  const wchar_t *toWCString() const;

About which encoding is good to be the default, I need more opinions
from the perspective of *nix users. I'm not familiar with Unix like
systems enough to determine it.

Kageyu.