Support for new file formats

Sebastian Rachuj rachus at web.de
Thu Feb 21 16:10:38 UTC 2013

Hello,

Currently I was thinking about adding elementary support for matroska (as requested by someone) to taglib. I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing this, but I will give it a try (don't be angry if I fail, please). But therefore I would like to ask you a few questions:

Is it enough to create a TagLib::MKV::File class that extends TagLib::File or are there more interfaces, that I have to take care of? Are there any rules for the code? (like no other dependencies, which I think is an important feature of taglib)

Do you have a htonl/ntohl implementation for 64 bit integers (offset_t) by chance?

As I already said, I'm not sure if I can achieve anything, but I would like to.

Regards