Why libtag.dll need mingw libs to run?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:54:16 UTC 2013

If you compiled TagLib with MSVC, you would have the same problem, but
it would ask for msvcrXX.dll and msvcpXX.dll instead. By default, both
MSVC and MinGW use a shared version of the standard C/C++ libraries.

I'm not sure if it will work for a DLL file, but MinGW has options
-static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++ to use a static standard library
instead. Adding those options to the CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS CMake
variable could work, but I have not tested it.

Lukas