Cover of flac file

grisha grish.vanika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:25:21 UTC 2012

Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM, grisha <grish.vanika <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > What should I do to get the picture in this case?
>
> You can base64-decode the field and pass the result to the
> FLAC::Picture constructor:

http://taglib.github.com/api/classTagLib_1_1FLAC_1_1Picture.html#a95e98a3812296d5e
718c0044a53b8f26

> See the Xiph documentation for details:
>
> http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisComment#METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE
>
> Note that this is not the recommended way to store images in FLAC
> files. It's a workaround for Ogg-based formats to support images. FLAC
> can handle them natively, so it's better to use the picture block in
> FLAC.
>
> Lukas

I'm so sorry, but i can't understand what it means "base64-decode the field".
Which field ? I found writing picture using base64 encoding
https://gist.github.com/1468279, begin from line 131
but i need to extract picture.