Question about "cppunit" use

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:43:42 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Neil Hodge <neil.hodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I run "make check", I get the error
>
> In file included from /Users/nhodge/bin/taglib-latest/tests/test_mpeg.cpp:1:
> In file included from /opt/local/include/cppunit/extensions/HelperMacros.h:9:
> In file included from /opt/local/include/cppunit/TestCaller.h:5:
> In file included from /opt/local/include/cppunit/TestCase.h:6:
> /opt/local/include/cppunit/TestAssert.h:49:12: error: call to function 'operator<<' that is neither visible in the template definition nor found by argument-dependent lookup
>         ost<< x;
>            ^
>
> Note that the version of cppunit I am using is the latest via MacPorts.

This doesn't look like a TagLib problem, because it fails when
including the CppUnit headers. Googling for the message brings up only
Mac-related issues, so I'm guessing it's CppUnit not being compatible
with something in clang.

I've found https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34636 and the fix was
apparently to not use clang for that package.

Lukas