multiple security vulnerabilities in taglib

Zubin Mithra zubin.mithra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:12:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/3/4 Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thank you for your quick response, I shall send over the files asap.
>
> Thanks, neither of the files cause problems to the dev version on
> GitHub, but I can confirm that they do cause crash and infinite loop
> in TagLib 1.7.

We just had a look at [1] and could not figure out what changes were made
in order to resolve this issue. Could you briefly explain how/with which
media player, you tested the issue? Also, could you point us towards the
commit that solves the issue?

Thanks,
zm

[1] https://github.com/taglib/taglib/blob/master/taglib/ogg/xiphcomment.cpp