Question about taglib abilities

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:34:47 UTC 2012

I'm new to ID3 tag handling.  Can you tell me if taglib can be used to
solve a particular problem?

I have MP3 files frm a podcast, and I suspect that there's an
inconsistency between the actual encoding of the ID3v2.2 Title field,
and the byte that states what encoding is used for that string.

Can taglib tell me which encoding the file *claims* to have for that field?

And can I get taglib to give me the bytes in the ID3v2.2 Title field
*without* taglib automatically performing some kind of
character-encoding translation?