TagLib Problems

James Turner zakalawe at mac.com
Thu Jan 5 15:23:34 UTC 2012

On 5 Jan 2012, at 14:18, Manfred Schwind wrote:

> Have these "real world problems" any chance of being fixed in newer versions of taglib? Or do you say this is all non-standards-conform and will not be fixed in taglib?

I posted a patch to work-around a similar issue with MP4 files generated by some tagging software, omitted the image type from a COVR atom. Again it's clearly a place where TagLib already handles 'correct' files, but in the real world non-compliant files are encountered.

(I hadn't realised the multiple-atoms-in-an-MP4 issue, but it sounds quite unfortunate)

So, I am also interested to know if there's any official policy!

James