A concern about RIFF INFO tag support and string handlers

Miyakoda Akira tsuda.kageyu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 07:47:30 UTC 2012

Hi everybody.

I'm creating a patch to support INFO tags in RIFF wave files. The patch
itself is going well, but I have a concern about it. I'd like a second
opinion.

INFO tag needs a string handler class like ID3v1 and ID3v2 because it's
common to write INFO tags in local encodings. So, if the patch is
accepted, TagLib will become to have three duplicate string hanlder
classes. I think it's not convenient for users and it's the best way to
create a common base class. Any ideas about it?