TagLib, Objective-C & Ludlam's framework

Ferenc taglib-devel at bezemkast.nl
Thu Aug 9 15:25:12 UTC 2012

Hi!

Update. Making leaps of progress now. Well I'm beyond Hello world. More
like hello mp3.

I've tried looking into frameworks but gave up on that. I think it's an
added layer of difficulty. Which I might add later. I've looked into
merging the TagLib source into my own project, which should be doable &
I've read up on merging C++ code and Obj-C, but every compiler/linker
error I solve throws me into the arms of the next header error. As
someone suggested I've looked into Max and Tag from Stephen Booth, but I
could not find how to use TagLib in XCode there. By the way the
framework from Nick Ludlam I mentioned earlier, is a C project meant to
be used with MacRuby. Still, I think I've gleaned useful tips from his
work for later. (Mind you all this is because I'm a absolute n00b!)

Yesterday I stumbled onto TagLibAmalgam and that's been a godsend.
Thank you, Vinnie Falco. I included this in the project and this worked
right away. I'm now looking at a Obj-C object that encapsulates TagLib.
That is wonderful.

Thanks,
Ferenc