Losing Covers

Manfred Schwind lists at mani.de
Tue Apr 10 16:18:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

sometimes covers get lost when opening and saving song files with taglib.
I was able to fix one cause:

I have AAC files that were produced with "Max" ( http://cycling74.com/ ). These AAC files have a 'covr' atom, but the format type is set to 0 (TypeImplicit). taglib only accepts TypeJPEG, TypePNG etc. but not TypeImplicit.

If I change the following line in mp4tag.cpp:

 if(flags == TypeJPEG || flags == TypePNG || flags == TypeBMP || flags == TypeGIF) {

 if(flags == TypeJPEG || flags == TypePNG || flags == TypeBMP || flags == TypeGIF || flags == TypeImplicit) {

then taglib accepts and preserves these covr Atoms and the cover does not get lost.
Any chance to get this patched into the official taglib sources?

Regards,
Mani