Compile C++/TagLib with g++?

Phong Cao phngcv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:52:37 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I am trying to build a small music manager that uses TagLib to read metadata
from audio streams. However, I was unable to compile the program. Here is
what I tried:

g++ -g /home/phongcao/dingo/main.cc -o /home/phongcao/dingo/main `pkg-config
taglib-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-2.4`

And this was what g++ returned:

Package taglib-config was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `taglib-config.pc'
No package 'taglib-config' found

According to the TagLib API documentation: "TagLib installs a taglib-config
and pkg-config file to make it easier to integrate into various build
systems".

However, I am a total newbie on TagLib and do not know how to compile it
using g++, and there was nothing more than the above statement in the API
documentation.

Does any of you guys here know how to compile TagLib with g++? if so please
share!

Thank you for reading my message! Have a good day!

Best regards,

--
Phong V. Cao
phngcv at gmail.com