Properties of ALAC in mp4

Frank Lai frank.franklai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:40:35 CEST 2011

The alac format info is from
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Apple_Lossless_Audio_Coding

Test an alac file encoded by iTunes. The bitrate is correct. But test
another alac file encoded by FFmpeg, the bitrate is 1411 kbps.

Found a link discussing this issue
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=76768
Looks like FFmpeg did not fill the bitrate value correctly. But other
applications (except iTunes) can report the correct bitrate, so there should
be another way to calculate the bitrate.

Best Regards,
Frank Lai