Help Compiling Taglib: missing 'config.h'

Anton Sergunov setosha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 02:32:19 CEST 2011

2011/7/21 Pris Matic <prismatic.project at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to keep my app source as 'portable' as
> possible (outside of using Qt :p) and I want to include any external libs
> like TagLib statically (ie not install them in the system).

Belive me, adding all lib sources to your repo can't guarantee
successful build on every OS. Even with QT.
So it's realy bad idea. (I try it ~3 month ago)

As alternative you can use *git **submodule*. You can also write some
scripts to build dependences and install it to correct (local) places.

Scott, what did you mean by setting up includes for *all* the source dirs?
> I'm not directly including each taglib source file in like main.cpp or
> anything, I compiled the TagLib source as a static lib which I then link to.
> In this case shouldn't I just have to link to 'tag.h' and 'fileref.h'?

you can += all src subfolders to INCLUDEPATH in .pro or .pri