ID3v2.3.0 tags

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:18:43 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Dave Lambley <dave at lambley.me.uk> wrote:
> I would like to be able to add ID3v2.3.0 tags to MP3 files so that Windows
> Media Player, and other Windows software, can display them.  I can see
> this has come up before without conclusion,
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/taglib-devel/2009-December/001410.html
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/taglib-devel/2009-October/001311.html
>
> Has either of these attempts got anywhere?  Would it be worthwhile to fix
> them up, or should I try to make a fresh attempt?

The master branch on GitHub has an option to save either ID3v2.3 or
ID3v2.4 tags. It will be released in TagLib 1.8. If you want to modify
any ID3 frames manually, you should work only with ID3v2.4 frames. The
code in that will automatically upgrade/downgrade them when
reading/saving to a file.

Lukas