TagLib::FileRef() could not open file!

Phong Cao phngcv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 01:46:05 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I am trying to write a program that read tag from a media file and store it
in a database. This is what I tried: I got the file's URI and then passed
the URI as argument to TagLib::FileRef():

TagLib::FileRef file(uri.c_str());

However, I could not get TagLib to open my file. Here is the error:

phongcao at phongcao-laptop ~ $ /home/phongcao/main
TagLib: Could not open file
file:///home/phongcao/Music/Umbrella___Rihanna_ft._._Jay_Z___T%E1%BA%A3i__lyrics__nh%E1%BA%A1c_ch%E1%BB%9D_b%C3%A0i_h%C3%A1t_1f0aa2470844ab6afb3d45c284e6aff7.mp3

I have read the TagLib example and the TagLib::FileRef() usage in the
example is something like this:

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  for (int i = 1; i < argc; i++) {
    TagLib::FileRef f(argv[i]);
  }

  /* extract tags here */

return 0;
}

So my question here is what I need to pass to TagLib::FileRef()? An URI or
FileName? According to the example code in the TagLib homepage it seems that
I just need to pass the file's URI. However, the online documentation does
not say so. I am kind of confused here.

If you guys can figure out the error please let me know! Thank you and have
a good weekend!

Best regards,

--
Phong V. Cao