TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate - slow

Ivar Eskerud Smith ivar_eskerud at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:56:53 CET 2011

Hi, I have made a tag editor program using taglib. Every time I read my music collection I get a lot of errors about
TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate

, and this seems to slow down the reading process significantly.
Is there away of skipping this error, or fixing the invalid sample rate in the files so that it won`t be a problem the next time the files are read?
--------

Also, it would be very useful to be able to catch the debug output from Taglib so that one could display a log file in the GUI with all the errors/warnings. I think the library shuold not output these messages, it should pass it somehow to the calling program. I guess this is more of a pure c++ question, how to intercept/catch std::cerr/std::cout from a dll. There is no problem doing this within a nomral program, but how to catch std::cerr from a dll called from another program I have never found out. I got some suggestions about using pipes, but I`m using windows and don`t want to do it that way.

-Ivar