several patches to taglib 1.7 (based on the tag)

Tal Sliwowicz tal at tversity.com
Tue Aug 16 13:09:10 UTC 2011

Sorry about the formatting. I use slightly different formatting and couldn't
adjust my IDE just for taglib. My apologies.

About ID3v2FrameFactory - I agree it is a very small issue (unlike the ASF
one), however, I thought that when no one holds a reference, why keep the
object? Our software is server side based and must be extremely tight.

Too bad about the aac and m4v. We use it all the time so it will require us
to always patch your "formal" versions. Most of the AAC we see is in MP4.

About the debug callback - I'm not showing this to the user. It gets written
to the application logfile and is very helpful in troubleshooting issues,
even when compiled with debug (NDEBUG). Keeping it in cout and just in debug
mode is a waste. Besides - it is optional. If you do not set the callback,
it never gets called. Please consider adding it.

Thanks you for this great library!

Tal