Get link errors when I try to use UNICODE version of TagLib calls

Kris Gustafson kris3927gus at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 21:11:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have compiled TagLib version 1.6.3 using CMake version 2.8.1 and Visual
Studio Pro 2008 on Windows 7 (x64) to create the tag.dll and tagd.dll (and
the other files).

When I attempt to instantiate a TagLib::FileName with a wchar_t string in my
MFC application, I get this link error:

1>MusicInfoFactory.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall TagLib::FileName::FileName(wchar_t
const *)" (__imp_??0FileName at TagLib@@QAE at PB_W@Z)

1>C:\Users\Kris.Kris-Pilar-PC.000\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MFC
Projects\MakeM3U\Debug\MakeM3U.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals

If I use a char string for the same constructor call, no link error.

Is there some compiler switch or #define I have failed to set correctly?

Another possible side effect is using the char strings may cause a memory
leak when I instantiate a TagLib::FileRef object (or it could be
coincidental.).

Any ideas or is more information needed?

Thanks in advance,

Kris Gustafson