TagLib::ASF::Tag::addAttribute possible memory leakage?

Anthony Liu quadamage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:38:53 CEST 2010

Hello.

The memory leakage occurred only when my application wrote asf tag, the
tagreader works normally.

When I write some text attributes, the memory usage is stable, however when
I add some "BIG" size album art attributes(e.g from some pictures whose size
is over 1MB), it increased significantly.

I think the bug always exists, but only noticeable when you add some big
attributes.

2010/10/7 Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Anthony Liu <quadamage at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi to all.
> > It appeals that TagLib::ASF::Tag::addAttribute has a memory leakage bug,
> >
> >> ASF::File f( filename, false );
> >>
> >> ASF::Tag *asfTag = f.tag();
> >>
> >> ASF::Attribute atb( ByteVector( 10000000, 0 ) );
> >>
> >> asfTag->addAttribute( "Test",  atb );
> >>
> >>         f.save();
> >
> > The above code will cause memory leakage, if you increase the size of the
> > asf attribute, things get even worst.
>
> Can you please be more specific? Valgrind on examples/tagreader
> reports no real memory leaks when running on a WMA file. Everything in
> ASF::Attribute is reference-counted, it will get deleted when the last
> instance runs out of context.
>
> Lukas

Best Regards