Tag Lib version 1.6.3 stack size requirements

manthena manoj manojmanthena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:31:43 CET 2010

Hi All,

Please help me out to solve this issue.

In our system, Tag lib is executed in a thread whose stack size is 3KB. When
i try to parse the TAG of one particular MP3 song, TAG parsing is fine but
the system crashes bcoz of some other thread going for a toss ( I guess
memory corruption).
The details of the song as seen form iTunes:

Format:             MPEG-1, Layer 3
Size    :             5.6 MB
Channnels :       joint stereo
Bit rate :           197kbps (VBR)
ID3 Tag:            v2.3
Encoded with :   LAME3.97

 TAG info is

Name            : The Show
Artist             : Lenka
Album           :  Lenka
Year              :  2008
Track number : 1 of 11
Genre            : Pop

The same song when parsed after increasing the stack size of the thread to
6K is fine.

So from this, please help me in deciding the max stack size the thread would
consume.

Thanks in advance...  :)

--
Regards...