TagLib 1.6.1: MP4::Tag#setTrack not correctly working with iTunes?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 20:28:08 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Harald Schubert
<schubert.harald at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to set the track number for an MP4 file under MacOS X 10.6. I've
> built taglib as a Mac framework and everything is working fine (reading &
> writing MP3 tags, reading MP4 tags, writing MP4 string tags etc.) except for
> writing the track number. I've tried many things, including the following:
> tag->setTrack(12);
> or
> tag->itemListMap()[TagLib::String("trkn", TagLib::String::UTF8)] =
> TagLib::MP4::Item(TagLib::uint(12), TagLib::uint(13));
> The tags are being written and I can parse them with command line tools like
> AtomicParsley, but iTunes doesn't recognize them correctly.
> Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong? Is there a workaround?

You are not doing anything wrong, it's a bug in TagLib :( See
http://marc.info/?t=126416559100004&r=1&w=2 for details. It's fixed in
SVN, but not released yet. If you don't need 1.6.1, then I'd suggest
to use the code from SVN. I'll try to release a new version soon.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com