configure/compile universal binary mac

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Mar 7 23:48:11 CET 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 11:06 PM, tom at mixerson.com wrote:

> I could build the python extension using the resulting dynamic
> library,
> but I got the following error when importing the module in python:
>
>  ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/_myreader.so,
> 2):
> Symbol not found: __ZTIN6TagLib3MP43TagE

That's probably a result of not passing in the --with-asf and --with-
mp4 arguments to ./configure

> Does using qmake with taglib.pro replace the configure step?

Sort of.  It's a different build system (one of the three different
ones that TagLib supports).  I originally created the qmake file since
I didn't know how to get configure to generate Mac OS frameworks and
qmake makes that pretty easy.

> Is there something wrong with the taglib.pro file that comes with
> taglib.1.6.1 that I downloaded a few days ago?

Yes, it wasn't updated for the 1.6.x releases (I believe Lukas is only
testing with cmake and configure).  I just updated it.