cover art on wma files?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 22:45:10 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM, jon bird <news at onastick.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Could be me.... but I had a look and can't see any examples - or even
> anything obvious which reads album artwork from .wma files yet I'm
> fairly sure from past discussions on here that capability is supported.
> Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

TagLib includes the low-level framework for reading images from WMA
files, but doesn't include a "nice" API for it. Cover art images are
stored in the binary WM/Picture attribute [1] and follow the ID3 APIC
frame format. So, you can get the WM/Picture attribute via
ASF::Tag::attributeListMap()["WM/Picture"], get the binary data from
the attribute and parse it using ID3v2::AttachedPictureFrame. I
haven't done this myself, but I think it should work.

Lukas

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd757832(VS.85).aspx