ape tag isEmpty override?

Jim jmartin92 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 17:15:53 CEST 2010

Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Jim <jmartin92 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I need to check to see if an APE tag is empty (i.e. has no fields at all) but
>> APE::Tag::isEmpty() seems to only check for the presence of the standard tag
>> fields (like artist, album, title, etc.).  Is this by design or an oversight?
>> Should APE::Tag have its own isEmpty function or should I be using something
>> like itemListMap's isEmpty?
>
> I'd say it's an oversight. It should have its own implementation of
> isEmpty(), just like ID3v2 tags have. The one inherited from
> TagLib::Tag only checks for the standard fields. Could you please file
> a bug report about it on bugs.kde.org?
>
> Lukas

I will add a report for this.  Is this also the place I should post wishes for
2.0?  Or are you keeping a wish list for that somewhere else?

(I have a few minor changes I'd like to see that aren't really major reworks but
2.0 still might be a good time to implement them.  For example having String to
int conversion able to handle a leading '+' sign or having an option in
MPEG::File::save to not copy the info between ID3 v1/v2 tags.)