Run-Time Check Failure #0 when using taglib with MSVC 2008

Hypo Thetical hypothetical25 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 06:04:18 CET 2010

I keep running in to the following run time error. How do i resolve this?

"Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across
a function call.  This is usually a result of calling a function declared
with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a
different calling convention."

btw, I wasn't able to figure out how to search the archives in case someone
else has already run in to this, so posting. please feel free to point me to
any search links or to any prior posts that answer this.

If it helps, my code is as below:
#include "stdafx.h"
#include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include <sstream>
#include <fileref.h>
#include <tag.h>

#define TEST_MP3 "Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Stairway To Heaven.mp3"
int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
   std::stringstream ssDebug;

   TagLib::FileRef f(TEST_MP3);
   if(!f.isNull())
   {
      TagLib::String artist = f.tag()->artist();
      ssDebug << " file [" << TEST_MP3 <<"] has artist [" << artist << "]"
<< std::endl;
   }

   (void) std::cin.get();
    return 0;
}

I'm using tablib-1.5-msvc. I am linking to tab.lib.

Platform: MSVC 9.0 .NET 3.5 SP1 running on Vista

any info would be most appreciated!

thanks!
kage