Detect whether or not an id3v1 tag exists

Joel Verhagen joel.verhagen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:23:43 CET 2010

I have looked more on this topic and even raised the question on
StackOverflow, so my C++ superiors could take a look:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4404705/taglib-unexpected-non-null-return
.

Hexagon points out that at the end of the MPEG::File::read function is
a call to ID3v2Tag(true); and ID3v1Tag(true);

Does anyone know why this is here? In the meantime, I created three
replacement functions bool hasID3v2(), bool hasID3v1(), bool hasAPE()
that pass through the internal boolean used to say whether or not the
MPEG file has ID3v1/ID3v2/APE tags.

Joel Verhagen