How to install a software relying on taglib on a linux OS with out taglib?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Aug 23 13:49:39 CEST 2010

On 08/23/2010 12:19 AM, berlinud wrote:
> Really?
> I will find a computer with newly installed linux and check it out.
> If that's true,it will save me much time.

He didn't say it was installed by default -- that will be highly
dependent upon what software you choose during the distro installation.
For instance, an installation with nearly any KDE packages in it is
likely to have taglib as well, but a pure-GNOME installation may not.

What he said was that nearly every distro has it available as a package,
even if it's not installed by default. It would be far easier for you to
say "install taglib from your system packages if you don't have it
already" than to roll it in statically.

--Jeff