ID3v2 SYLT frame

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:56:32 CEST 2009

2009/9/13 Marvin Schmidt <Thund3r at virtual-highway.de>:
> I think it's not really important for the UnsychronizedLyricsFrame to
> handle newlines in a special manner, since the most common use case is
> getting the plain lyrics and showing them to the end-user.
> With synchronized lyrics it's more likely that you want to know what to
> display together (e.g. lines) and when of course.
> Using List< Pair<long, String> > applications would have to check to for
> newlines themselves to figure out what belongs together. I'd it's
> diserable to be able to iterate over the lines and it's syllables in
> case of lyrics. But i'm currently not sure how that fits in with other
> content types.

The problem I see with this is that the ID3 specification doesn't
mention 0x0A as a character that needs special handling. That means
it's up to applications how they use it (the same applies for spaces).
We could provide a method to transform it into the per-line
representation, but I think the data should be stored in a way that
corresponds with the ID3 specification, which says that synchronized
lyrics are a list of syllabes with timestamps.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com