ID3v2 PRIV frame

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:42:57 CEST 2009

Hi Maxime,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Maxime de
Roucy<maxime.deroucy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a PRIV frame class for ID3v2 tag and maybe you can integrate it
> in the official taglib.
> (see my attachement)

PRIV frames are already supported in SVN trunk and soon-to-be-released
TagLib 1.6 (http://marc.info/?l=taglib-devel&m=125200930026215&w=2).

> An other comment on taglib. It's said in the online documentation that :
> "Reimplementing this factory is the key to adding support for frame
> types not directly supported by TagLib to your
> application" (FrameFactory)
> but the createFrame() method isn't virtual so subclass FrameFactory
> can't can't be effective.
> Furthermore a FrameFactory's subclass can't access ID3v2 frame header,
> so it's very difficult to add an unsupported frame.

I think it is a known problem, but can't be fixed due to binary
incompatibility. The 1.6 release is last in 1.x series, the next
release will be 2.0 which can break compatibility. It can be fixed
there.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com