TagLib 1.6 RC1

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:49:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Sander Jansen<s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great to see another release. Regarding the MP4/ASF support in 1.6, is
> there a way to detect for a program using taglib to detect whether
> support is buildin or not (runtime and compiletime)? Since I access the
> mp4 tag to check for disc numbers, I guess my program depends on some of
> the mp4 dependent header files. Will those be installed when mp4/asf is
> disabled?

If you are using FileRef, you can just check if it has a file opened.
The header files should not be installed without enabling those
options, so at compile time you can look e.g. for mp4file.h to
determine whether you have TagLib with MP4 support or not.

> How much does the ASF/MP4 support differ from taglib-extras ?

taglib-extras is mostly a copy of post-1.5 code from taglib trunk (ie,
the ASF and MP4 classes are identical).

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com