Observations from new user

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 08:12:30 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Chris Meyer <cmeyer1969+kde at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1/
> The TagLib website (http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html)
> says to get the source via
>
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport
>
> This grabs a whole lot of extra stuff (and uses unnecessary bandwidth).
>
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport/taglib
>
> would work just as well, right?

Yes, I thought that was the preferred way. Scott, could you please
update the page?

> 2/
> The taglib/taglib/taglib.pro project is incomplete. There are missing
> files such as:
>
> mpeg/id3v2/frames/privateframe.cpp \
> riff/rifffile.cpp \
> riff/aiff/aifffile.cpp \
> riff/aiff/aiffproperties.cpp \
> riff/wav/wavfile.cpp \
> riff/wav/wavproperties.cpp \
> mp4/mp4tag.cpp \
>
> Also, the INCLUDES needs to include ../includes to build properly.

I'm sorry, I forgot about this file. I've never used it myself. It
seems it was generated using qmake -project, so updating it *might* be
easy. I wonder if it's still necessary though. As far as I understand,
the project file was only introduced in order to build a Mac
framework. I see that CMake can create build a framework now [1].
Could somebody test if really works, please?

Btw, no, it should not include from ../includes. The "includes"
directory is a kde-specific hack which I'd like to remove. The project
file should include the necessary directories from the "taglib"
directory.

> 3/
> The WITH_MP4 define is used interchangeably with the TAGLIB_WITH_MP4 define.
> For instance in 'fileref.cpp' TAGLIB_WITH_MP4 is used.
> In 'mp4file.cpp' WITH_MP4 is used.

Yes, I should update everything back to WITH_MP4. TAGLIB_WITH_MP4 is a
public macro that is provided for applications that use TagLib, while
WITH_MP4 is a private one.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com