Upstreaming fixes.

Peter van Hardenberg pvh at songbirdnest.com
Wed Nov 11 20:36:01 CET 2009

Hi all,

after talking to Scott about the Songbird patch set, he suggested I accept taglib commit privs and use that to upstream our patches. I'll be upstreaming about a dozen non-controversial bug-fixes without discussion on the list and once my patch queue is clear of those I have a few patches that will require some discussion and probably revision prior to landing.

Please feel free to comment on the patches I'm upstreaming or suggest improvements, though keep in mind all of them fix real-world files which made TagLib fail to parse, give incorrect results, crash, or encounter degenerate performance, and almost all of them have been shipped with recent versions of Songbird. If there are particular cases you take exception to the fix for, please let me know and I'll try to provide you with a copy of the MP3 (and it's almost always an MP3) which fails.

-pvh