Started 2.0 branch

Peter van Hardenberg pvh at songbirdnest.com
Tue Jun 16 19:09:19 CEST 2009

Agreed! Let's not crap on the tree. (Just yet.) Let's start 2.0 over in Git-land.

If people want to start with our Songbird branch we can do that. The main differences are:

- control over how much of the file to look in for tags (great for remote files)
- vastly expanded Tag:: interface
- lots of bug fixes

I'm sure that we're missing some trunk patches too, but I can contribute some time to bringing things into sync. It may well be that there are some things we've done that people aren't particularly excited about in the world at large. Hopefully we can bring ourselves into sync with the rest of the world on anything that comes up, but if not we've been forked forever so life goes on.

On the other hand, if our changeset scares people we can work on trunking bits and pieces, but that'll be harder.

Jeff, if you want to get the ball rolling with me for this stuff, send me a message off-list and maybe I can spend a PST-afternoon/evening some time this week with you getting up and running?

-pvh