Started 2.0 branch

Vidar Wahlberg canidae at exent.net
Thu Jun 11 18:58:11 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:37:16PM -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> rengels wrote:
>> Maybe somebody knows a free subversion hoster. The one that I tried
>> takes three days to reply so it might not be the best selection after
>> all.
>
> Why not just create a branch in KDE's subversion repo?

My question would be: Why not use git & github instead?

I'm also curious if there's some plan behind a 2.0 release. Will it be a
complete rewrite? What changes should be done?
Granted, I've not been on this list for a very long time, but I haven't
seen much more discussion about this other than "we should create taglib
2.0".

One thing that bothers me about taglib is that I need to access less
common metadata than what the basic fileref offers, and maybe I do it
wrong, but it seems like you have to do quite some juggling for that. I
don't want to mess around with ID3v1/ID3v2/APE/VorbisComment/etc, I
pretty much want "open(file);", "[gs]etValue(<key>);" and "save();".

Also, is it just me or did you forget to tell us where we can find your
repo?

--
Regards,
Vidar Wahlberg