Windows and ID3v2.4 tags - what I use

Viraj Mody virajmody at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:53:43 CET 2009

Are you sure Windows Media Player is reading the ID3v2.4 tag? I suspect what
you're seeing is WMP reading ID3v1 tags, not ID3v2.4
Also, the WMP editor adds data to the ID3v1 tag as far as I could tell...

This is easy to test - just strip out everything but ID3v2.4 tags form your
mp3 and open it in WMP.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I can't get even the last Windows
Media Player version to read ID3v2.4...