Writing ID3v2.3 tags - what do you use?

Viraj Mody virajmody at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 20:15:52 CET 2009

Windows is pretty bad (incapable, basically) about reading ID3v2.4 tags. I want to add a PRIV frame to existing MP3s in a Windows-compatible way so I guess I must use ID3v2.3

I know TagLib cannot write ID3v2.3, but do folks here have any suggestions for another library that might help? Basically, I want to keep the existing tag version and preserve all existing frames, only add a new PRIV frame.
Something that works on Windows and OSX works best, but I'll take all suggestions.

Thanks!