TagLib 1.6 on Mac

Andrew Krage null.public at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:22:37 CET 2009

I am developing a program in Cocoa/Obj-C/Obj-C++ on Mac and would like to use TagLib 1.6 as I require RIFF support.

I have downloaded the OS X framework and managed to get that going after I ran  "install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/TagLib.framework/Versions/1/TagLib TagLib" (before that it would only work if the framework was in /)

I have tried to build from source but when I add the dylib and headers to my project I just get a 200+ errors from the headers.  Looking around online it seems I have to wrap the C++ functions in C or do some other unsavory finagling to get this to work.  I have already renamed my files with .mm to allow them to work with C++.

Does anyone know of a way that I can use the dylib/headers in my project without getting this problem or do I really need to wrap everything?  Otherwise is there a way I can get an up to date framework or perhaps make my own?  I looked at the Framework documentation on apple's site, but it is a bit beyond me.

I am still pretty new to this more complicated building, so I may just be missing something obvious.  Any help or suggestions that could be offered on this would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
- Andrew