Saving file after adding ID3v2 PrivateFrame changes ID3v1 tag

Viraj Mody virajmody at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:14:18 CET 2009

(Pardon me if this is a dupe - I'm having network issues)

Hi,

I have an MPEG file which has ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. Album information is missing in ID3v1 tags - ID3v1::Tag::album() returns null when I check it.
I added a PrivateFrame with my own custom data to the ID3v2 Tag of this file and saved the file using File.save()

When I re-read this file's ID3v1 tag after the save, the album field is now populated. Any idea why this might happen, and what I can do to prevent this?

Thanks,
Viraj