Fwd: Current status. What's going on?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:13:40 CEST 2009

(Sorry, forgot to CC the mailing list)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/8/13
Subject: Re: Current status. What's going on?
To: Dudy Kohen <kohen.d at gmail.com>

2009/8/12 Dudy Kohen <kohen.d at gmail.com>:
> Will my patch to the C bindings be included in the 1.6 release?

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll have to not include it. I haven't
noticed the patch before, sorry for not giving you feedback sooner.
There are some technical issues with the patch (e.g. detecting the
type of the file object using the filename), the code style doesn't
match the rest of TagLib, but more importantly I don't think the code
belongs there. It adds more functionality than just "binding" the C++
API.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com