Current status. What's going on?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Aug 11 18:24:45 CEST 2009

Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM, rengels<ralf.engels at nokia.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Could somebody please tell me the current status?
>>
>> Scott has integrated some of the bugzilla patches. Great!
>>
>> Some lalinsky has also done some changes in svn. What were these?
>
> Some lalinsky is me. :)
>
> Those changes are either patches from bugzilla or fixes for newly
> reported bugs. There is one important bug left, the Ogg corruption,
> and once it's fixed we can do a 1.6 release. I was planning to give
> the patch a proper review this week and release 1.6rc on sunday (final
> 1.6 next weekend).

As for the Git repo, once 1.6 was being actively worked on I decided to
wait until after 1.6, for a couple reasons. First, it gave Gitorious a
chance to fix a couple of showstopper bugs (the work was contracted to
them by your compatriots at Nokia :-) ), such as the ability to block
pushes that can rewrite history (push -f behavior). Second, it gave our
conversion process a chance to mature a bit, as well as some of our
hooks for things like sending to Commit Filter.

Finally, and this was the most important reason, with 1.6 being worked
on I didn't want to split developer attention/add to the developer
workload by forcing a change in the middle of the 1.6 rampup. It seemed
logical to wait until after 1.6 as a result. I'll work on the DVCS
conversion immediately post-1.6.

Thanks,
Jeff