TagLib::MPEG:File previousFrameOffset/lastFrameOffset bug?

Vitali Lovich vlovich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:38:50 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have an mp3 file for which lastFrameOffset returns -1, even though it does
contain valid mp3 frames.  However, mp3info is reporting that the file
contains 1 bad frame (not sure what it considers a bad frame), so I'm
guessing that that is the problem (cause lastFrameOffset is returning -1 for
all the files mp3info says have a bad frame).

Now my question is, shouldn't lastFrameOffset always in the worst case
return what firstFrameOffset returns (i.e. the first valid frame in the file
or -1 if no frames are present)?  Is this the expected behaviour or am I
missing something?